2016 Leadership Awards Nomination Procedure
September 7, 2016
We are pleased to open nominations for the 5th annual Workplace Pride Leadership Awards. These annual awards honor people and/or organizations that have demonstrated leadership by visibly contributing to LGBT workplace inclusion*.
This year’s Leadership Awards ceremony will be held during the Autumn Ball at the Westerkerk in Amsterdam. The top scorers of the 2016 Global Benchmark will also be announced.
Submitting a nomination for the Leadership Awards is an excellent way to involve many people from your organization in raising awareness about LGBT workplace inclusion. Details about the awards and how to submit nominations are as follows:
Most Engaged Network
This award honors the Workplace Pride member LGBT network that has shown the most involvement both internally and externally in the past year.
Most Active Volunteer
This award honors the individual volunteer from a Workplace Pride member that best supported LGBT workplace inclusion in the past year, both within their own organization and externally.
Most Effective Straight Ally
This award honors the most effective straight ally of the past year, both within their own organization and externally.
Best Media Representation
This award honors the best positive representation of LGBT workplace inclusion in the media (internal or external) by a Workplace Pride member in the past year.
1. Submitting of Nominations (7 Sep. – 9 Oct. 2016)
Anyone from Workplace Pride member organizations can submit nominations (including for yourself!). Nominations should include the name and role of the nominee, which award(s) they are being nominated for, a short motivation (250 words max. and preferably with concrete examples!) and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com.
2. Selection Process
- Three nominees from each category that best fit the established criteria (below) will be pre-selected and published on the Workplace Pride website. The Workplace Pride Foundation Board will make the final selection of the winners.
3. Announcement winners
- Winners will be announced at the Autumn Ball Gala dinner on Thursday 3 November at the Westerkerk*.
Inspired by the Declaration of Amsterdam, the general criteria for all four Leadership Awards are:
• Showing leadership in their field
• Not doing the obvious
• Persistence in achieving the desired result
• Involving others in a smart way
• Delivering a visible contribution to an LGBT inclusive workplace
• Being an international example (where applicable)
• Please inform all network members and as many straight allies as possible in your organization about the awards.
• Network leaders can nominate people and/or organizations too. You can even nominate yourself!
• No nominations will be accepted after 9 October 2016 at 24:00hrs.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For previous winners, please click HERE
*Invitations to the Autumn Ball Gala dinner at the Westerkerk will be sent separately.