2017 Leadership Awards Nominations Procedure
Post Date: August 17, 2017
We are pleased to open nominations for the 6th annual Workplace Pride Leadership Awards!
These annual awards honor people and/or organizations that have demonstrated leadership by visibly contributing to LGBTI workplace inclusion.
This year’s Leadership Awards ceremony will be held during the Leadership Awards Gala at the Posthoornkerk in Amsterdam on Wednesday, October 11th.
Submitting a nomination is a great way to involve many people from your organization in raising awareness about LGBTI workplace inclusion.
Details about the awards and how to submit nominations are as follows:
Images reflect 2016 Winner in this category
Most Engaged Network
- This award honors the Workplace Pride member LGBTI network that has shown the most involvement both internally and externally in the past year.
Most Active Volunteer
- This award honors the individual volunteer from a Workplace Pride member that best supported LGBTI workplace inclusion in the past year, both within their own organization and externally.
Most Effective Ally
- This award honors the most effective ally of the past year, both within their own organization and externally.
Best Media Representation
- This award honors the best positive representation of LGBTI workplace inclusion in the media (internal or external) by a Workplace Pride member in the past year.
1. Submitting Nominations (15 August – 18 September)
- Anyone from Workplace Pride member organizations can submit nominations (including for yourself!). Nominations should include the name and role of the nominee, which award(s) they are being nominated for, a short motivation (250 words max. and preferably with concrete examples) and should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com.
2. Selection Process
- Three nominees from each category that best fit the established criteria (below) will be pre-selected and published on the Workplace Pride website. The Workplace Pride Foundation Board will make the final selection of the winners.
3. Announcement Winners
- The winners will be announced at the Leadership Awards Gala dinner at the Posthoornkerk in Amsterdam on Wednesday, October 11th *.
Inspired by the Declaration of Amsterdam, the general criteria for all four Leadership Awards are:
- Showing leadership in their field
- Not doing the obvious
- Persistence in achieving the desired result
- Involving others in a smart way
- Delivering a visible contribution to an LGBTI inclusive workplace
- Being an international example (where applicable)
- Please inform all network members and as many allies as possible in your organization about the Leadership Awards.
- Network leaders can nominate people and/or organizations too. You can even nominate yourself!
- No nominations will be accepted after 18 September 2017 at 24:00hrs.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Workplace Pride Team
*Invitations to the Leadership Awards Gala at the Posthoornkerk in Amsterdam on Wednesday, October 11th will be sent separately.