2018 Leadership Awards Nominations Now Being Accepted
Post Date: September 3, 2018
Nominations for the Leadership Awards categories for Most Active Volunteer and Best Media Representation are now closed, but to allow you more time for your nominations we are extending the deadline for Most Engaged Network and Most Effective Ally!
The annual awards honour people and/or organisations from among Workplace Pride members that have demonstrated leadership by visibly contributing to LGBTI workplace inclusion. This year’s ceremony will be held during the Leadership Awards Gala at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam on Friday, November 2nd.
Submitting a nomination is a great way to involve many people from your organisation in raising awareness about LGBTI workplace inclusion. Details about the awards and how to submit nominations are as follows:
Images reflect 2017 Winner in each category
Most Engaged Network: 2017 Winner, Nuon
- This award honours the Workplace Pride member LGBTI network that has shown the most involvement both internally and externally in the past year.
Most Active Volunteer: 2017 Winner, Joanna Semeniuk, ING
- This award honours the individual volunteer from a Workplace Pride member that best supported LGBTI workplace inclusion in the past year, both within their own organisation and externally.
Most Effective Ally: 2017 Winner, Anka Mulder, TU Delft
- This award honours the most effective ally of the past year, both within their own organisation and externally.
Best Media Representation: 2017 Winner, Philips
- This award honours the best positive representation of LGBTI workplace inclusion in the media (internal or external) by a Workplace Pride member in the past year.
1. Submitting Nominations has been extended for the categories Most Engaged Network and Most Effective Ally until 19 October!
- Anyone from Workplace Pride member organisations can submit nominations (including for yourself!). Nominations should include:
- The name and role of the nominee,
- Which award(s) they are being nominated for,
- A short motivation (250 words max. and preferably with concrete examples) and
- Should be sent by e-mail to: email@example.com by Friday, 19 October 2018 at 24:00hrs.
2. Selection Process
- Three nominees from each category that best fit the established criteria (below) will be pre-selected and published on the Workplace Pride website. The Workplace Pride Foundation Board will make the final selection of the winners.
3. Announcement Winners
- The winners will be announced at the Leadership Awards Gala dinner at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam on Friday, November 2nd.*.
Inspired by the Declaration of Amsterdam, the general criteria for all four Leadership Awards are:
- Showing leadership in their field
- Not doing the obvious
- Persistence in achieving the desired result
- Involving others in a smart way
- Delivering a visible contribution to an LGBTI inclusive workplace
- Being an international example (where applicable)
- Please inform all network members and as many allies as possible in your organisation about the Leadership Awards.
- Network leaders can nominate people and/or organisations too. You can even nominate yourself!
- No nominations will be accepted after Friday, 19 October 2018 at 24:00hrs.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Workplace Pride Team
*Invitations to the Leadership Awards Gala at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam on Friday, November 2nd. have been sent separately.