2019 Leadership Awards Now Being Accepted
Post Date: September 2, 2019
Nominations for the 6th annual Workplace Pride Leadership Awards are now open!
These annual awards honor people and/or organizations that have demonstrated leadership by visibly contributing to LGBTI workplace inclusion.
This year’s Leadership Awards ceremony will be held during the Leadership Awards Gala at the Koepelkerk in Amsterdam on Friday, November 8th.
Submitting a nomination is a great way to involve many people from your organization in raising awareness about LGBTI workplace inclusion.
Images reflect 2018 Winner in each category
Most Engaged Network: 2018 Winner, Pink ASML (ASML)
- This award honours the Workplace Pride member LGBTI network that has shown the most involvement both internally and externally in the past year.
Most Active Volunteer: 2018 Winners, Bram Masseur (Arcadis) & Martha McDevitt-Pugh (ING)
- This award honours the individual volunteer from a Workplace Pride member that best supported LGBTI workplace inclusion in the past year, both within their own organisation and externally.
Most Effective Ally: 2018 Winner, Joke Brandt (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- This award honours the most effective ally of the past year, both within their own organisation and externally.
Best Media Representation: 2018 Winner, Shell
- This award honours the best positive representation of LGBTI workplace inclusion in the media (internal or external) by a Workplace Pride member in the past year.
1. Submitting Nominations (2 September- 2 October)
- Anyone from Workplace Pride member organisations can submit nominations (including for yourself!). Nominations should include:
- The name and role of the nominee,
- Which award(s) they are being nominated for,
- A short motivation (250 words max. and preferably with concrete examples) and
- Should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 2 October 2019 at midnight.
2. Selection Process
- Three nominees from each category that best fit the established criteria (below) will be pre-selected and published on the Workplace Pride website. The Workplace Pride Foundation Board will make the final selection of the winners.
3. Announcement Winners
- The winners will be announced at the Leadership Awards Gala dinner at De Koepelkerk, Kattengat 1, 1012 SZ Amsterdam on Friday, November 8th*.
Inspired by the Declaration of Amsterdam, the general criteria for all four Leadership Awards are:
- Showing leadership in their field
- Not doing the obvious
- Persistence in achieving the desired result
- Involving others in a smart way
- Delivering a visible contribution to an LGBTI inclusive workplace
- Being an international example (where applicable)
- Please inform all network members and as many allies as possible in your organisation about the Leadership Awards.
- Network leaders can nominate people and/or organisations too. You can even nominate yourself!
- No nominations will be accepted after Wednesday 2 October 2019 at midnight.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
*Invitations to the Leadership Awards Gala at the De Koepelkerk in Amsterdam on Friday, November 8th, will be sent separately.