Workplace Pride is a non-profit umbrella foundation based in Amsterdam dedicated to improving the lives of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgenders, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+) people in workplaces worldwide. The Foundation strives for a world of inclusive workplaces where LGBTIQ+ people can truly be themselves, are valued and, through their contributions, help to lead the way for others. Members include major multinationals, large domestic companies, public sector and non governmental organizations. In addition to its members, the Foundation interacts with many stakeholders and civil society organizations, both domestically and internationally, to provide a cohesive voice for the international LGBTIQ+ community when it comes to workplace inclusion.
Workplace Pride Relationship Manager
The Relationship Manager (RM) plays an important role in creating a bridge between the LGBTIQ+ community and workplaces of all shapes and forms. This includes helping our members translate their business, HR, CSR and community outreach needs into tangible activities, policies and practices.
The RM role provides a great opportunity for a motivated person to make a real contribution to the LGBTIQ+ community and, at the same time, work with many large employers representing a multitude of sectors.
The RM role addresses the need to have a ‘hands-on’ approach with our members allowing them to interact with the Foundation on a regular and efficient basis. Through pro-active and structured engagement with members, the RM will be well positioned to communicate their needs to the Executive Director and the rest of the Workplace Pride Staff and Board. Conversely, the RM informs members about Workplace Pride’s activities and interacts with them regarding their involvement.
As RM, you will be working with a motivated team of professionals and volunteers who know, from first-hand experience, how important it is for employers to embrace LGBTIQ+ inclusion in the workplace. A family-like atmosphere has developed between the Foundation staff, Board and our many members that continually inspires all of us to keep making progress with this important movement.
Details and Benefits:
- The RM role is part-time 20 – 30 hours per week, with at least one in-office (or virtual) day per week for team interaction.
- The RM role is on a one-year contractural basis with an automatic extension possibility.
- Compensation depends on level of experience and number of hours worked.
- The RM will report directly to the Executive Director but interact frequently with other staff and Boardmembers.
- The position will start as soon as possible and we encourage/welcome applications from all backgrounds including 50+ professionals.
- Member of, or established affinity with and knowledge of the LGBTIQ+ community and a passion to see positive change. We are particularly open to members of the transgender community.
- A minimum five years experience in a corporate working environment.
- Experience with Diversity and Inclusion policies is a plus.
- Spoken fluency in English and preferably Dutch, written fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Personable, pro-active team player with experience in business relationship maintenance.
- Good business sense and feeling for tactical decision-making in different types of organizations.
- High level of personal empathy and creative thinking.
- Travel for on-site visits to member organizations.
- Professional presentation.
- Relationship Management: Good listener and communicator.
- Business knowledge: Comfortable with businesses and organisational processes and how largeemployers work.
- Communication: Able to articulate the needs of members and of the Foundation.
- IT: Comfortable with on-going technological changes and tools such as CRM systems, Social Media,Project Management tools, file exchange platforms, etc. The Workplace Pride office works primarily on Macs.
- Flexibility: Able to work in a small team and willingness to pick up tasks/responsibilities outside of normal role when required.
- Team Player: Ability to engage with other staff members on a regular basis.
- Strategic thinking: Able to see the ‘big picture’ of LGBTIQ+ workplace inclusion and contribute new ideas.
- Personable: Understanding both the professional and personal perspectives of counter-parts.
Qualified applicants should write to firstname.lastname@example.org, include a CV in English, a (maximum) one-page letter of motivation, and two recent employment reference (no more than three years old: can also be in Dutch).
Questions or contact:
If you have any questions on this vacancy please contact: email@example.com.
To download the job description in PDF form