Workplace Pride is a non-profit umbrella foundation based in Amsterdam dedicated to improving the lives of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Transgenders, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+) people in workplaces worldwide. The Foundation strives for a world of inclusive workplaces where LGBTIQ+ people can truly be themselves, are valued and, through their contributions, help to lead the way for others. Members include major multinationals, large domestic companies, public sector and non governmental organizations. In addition to its members, the Foundation interacts with many stakeholders and civil society organizations, both domestically and internationally, to provide a cohesive voice for the international LGBTIQ+ community when it comes to workplace inclusion.
Workplace Pride Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the Executive Director and the rest of the Workplace Pride Staff and Board by managing all administrative aspects of the organisation including, but not limited to, assisting in special projects, meeting logistics, travel and the organisation’s day-to-day operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provide detailed calendar management for the Executive Director: monitoring, prioritising and actioning inquiries and requests and make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements; preparation and planning for meetings including the preparation and distribution of agendas, collecting information and coordinating follow up action items; keeping track of deadlines.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director, including: assisting with special projects; composing and preparing correspondence; making travel arrangements; maintaining a comprehensive hard and virtual filing system; and other duties as required.
- Serve as the internal and external primary point of contact for all matters pertaining to the Executive Director; prioritising and determining appropriate courses of action, referral, or response.
- Acting as a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Director and the Staff; providing support to the Staff as needed.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board Members; arranging and handling all logistics for Board meetings and events: scheduling meetings; drafting agendas; developing, compiling, and distributing presentation materials; and taking meeting minutes.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organisation.
Details and Benefits:
- The Executive Assistant role is full-time 36 hours per week, with at least three in-office (or virtual) days per week for team interaction.
- The Executive Assistant role is on a one-year contractural basis with an automatic extension possibility.
- Compensation is €25,000 – 30,000 including BTW per year depending on level of experience.
- The Executive Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director but interacts frequently with otherStaff and Board members.
- The position will start as soon as possible and we encourage/welcome applications from all backgrounds including 50+ professionals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Member of, or established affinity with and knowledge of the LGBTIQ+ community and a passion to see positive change. We are particularly open to members of the transgender community.
- A minimum five years experience as an Executive Assistant in a corporate working environment.
- Fluency in English and Dutch, both written and spoken.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills including keen attention to detail with ability totrack multiple projects at one time.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including Staff andBoard members, Senior Executives and community leaders.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response orturnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent computer literacy. The Workplace Pride office works primarily on MacBooks. • Experience with international travel planning a strong plus.
• Qualified applicants should write to email@example.com, include a CV in English, a (maximum) one-page letter of motivation, and two recent employment reference (no more than three years old: can also be in Dutch).
Questions or contact:
If you have any questions on this vacancy please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download the job description in PDF form
KvK Nr. 34294570