Workplace Pride is a non-proﬁt umbrella foundation based in Amsterdam dedicated to improving the lives of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer (LGBTIQ+) people in workplaces worldwide. The Foundation strives for a world of inclusive workplaces where LGBTIQ+ people can truly be themselves, are valued, and, through their contributions, help to lead the way for others. Members include major multinationals, large domestic companies, academic institutions, the public sector, and non-governmental organizations. In addition to its members, the Foundation interacts with many stakeholders and civil society organizations, both domestically and internationally, to provide a cohesive voice for the international LGBTIQ+ community when it comes to workplace inclusion.
The relationship Manager (RM)plays an important role in creating a bridge between the LGBTIQ+ community and workplaces of all shapes and forms. We do this by helping member organizations shape their LGBTIQ+ Inclusion strategy and initiatives in line with an ‘ideal state’ that Workplace Pride defines through contact with leading member organizations, NGO’s and the LGBTIQ+ community worldwide.
The RM role provides a great opportunity for a motivated person to make a real contribution to the LGBTIQ+ community and, at the same time, work with many large employers representing a multitude of sectors.
The RM role addresses the need to have a ‘hands-on’ approach with our members allowing them to interact with the Foundation on a regular and efficient basis in line with their membership level. Through pro-active and structured engagement with members, the RM will be well positioned to communicate their needs to the Executive Director and the rest of the Workplace Pride Staff and Board. Conversely, the RM informs members about Workplace Pride’s activities and interacts with them regarding their involvement.
As RM, you will be working with a motivated, yet small team of professionals and volunteers who know, from first-hand experience, how important it is for employers to embrace LGBTIQ+ inclusion in the workplace. With a small team, the ability to deal with large assignments requires flexibility, so perseverance and a hands-on mentality are crucial. While the RM role is quite independent and can expect support and expertise from colleagues, pro-activeness is a required skill for this job. The work of the Foundation has seasonal ups and downs so flexibility and support in peak periods, such as around Pride, our international conference, and other large events, are required.
The role also is on the ‘front-line’ with LGBTIQ+ inclusion in society meaning that you will be making tangible progress for the community. Passion for this topic and the desire to change the world for the better is a common denominator among all Workplace Pride Staff, Board, and other stakeholders.
Details and Benefits:
- The RM role is part-time, with a minimum of 20 hours to a maximum of 30 hours per week required in most cases to handle the workload.
- At least one day per week, physically in the office is required for team interaction.
- The RM role is on a one-year freelance ( ZZP) contract with an automatic extension possibility.
- Compensation depends on the level of experience and the number of hours worked.
- RM’s will be expected to handle an average of 25 accounts although this will vary slightly depending upon the time in the role and the growth of the Foundation.
- The RM will report directly to the Executive Director but interact frequently with other staff members, particularly RM peers.
- The position will start as soon as possible and we encourage/welcome applications from all backgrounds including 50+ professionals.
- Member of, or established affinity with and knowledge of the LGBTIQ+ community and a passion to see positive change. We are particularly open to members of the transgender community.
- A minimum of five years of professional work experience in a medium or large-sized organization.
- Experience with Diversity and Inclusion policies is a plus.
- Spoken fluency in English and preferably Dutch as well, as written fluency in English. Additional language ability is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Personable, proactive team player with experience in business relationship maintenance.
- Good business sense and feeling for tactical decision-making in different types of organizations.
- High level of personal empathy and creative thinking.
- Professional presentation.
- Workplace Pride will provide access to software and shared file services. As a freelancer, you will be expected to provide your own pc or mac.
- Relationship Management: Good listener and communicator.
- Business knowledge: Comfortable with businesses and organisational processes and how large employers work.
- Communication: Able to articulate the needs of members and of the Foundation.
- IT: Comfortable with ongoing technological changes and tools. The Workplace Pride office works primarily with the Google G-Suite of applications and uses the monday.com project management system.
- Flexibility: Able to work in a small team and willing to pick up tasks/responsibilities outside of normal role when required.
- Team Player: Ability to engage with other staff members on a regular basis.
- Strategic thinking: Able to see the ‘big picture’ of LGBTIQ+ workplace inclusion and contribute new ideas.
- Personable: Understanding both the professional and personal perspectives of counterparts.
- Qualified applicants should write to email@example.com, including a CV in English, a (maximum) one-page letter of motivation, and two recent employment references (no more than three years old: can also be in Dutch).
- Applications for this position should be submitted by September 30, 2022.
Questions or contact:
If you have any questions on this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.