The Workplace Pride Communities are initiated and supported by the Workplace Pride Foundation and they come together to focus on a topic or area that is relevant to LGBTIQ+ employees. Participating in a Community provides an opportunity for employees of Workplace Pride members & others to engage, to show leadership, to make a difference, and to collaborate with other Workplace Pride member organisations and the LGBTIQ+ community at large.
Main goals & opportunities:
- Develop and demonstrate leadership
- Generate and share knowledge
- Build strong relationships through networking
- Empower and support Community members in the workplace- making them visible and helping their voices be heard.
- Mentorship on becoming an integral part of every level in the Workplace Pride organisation
- Support organisations in their LGBTIQ+ awareness efforts
- Organise at least two events a year on a topic that is important to the members of the specific community.
- Conduct work visits to exchange information and create awareness
- Present developments and community-specific topics and information at the Workplace Pride International Conference and Leadership Awards Gala.
- Organise intersectional discussions between the Communities to learn from and strengthen each other